Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to access certain functions of our website, you will be asked for your name and email address, and, optionally, your contact telephone number. When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
We may collect personal information from you when you correspond with us or when you contact our Sales Team or our showroom by telephone or transfer personal data to third parties, for storage purposes.
The information we collect is used to:
- Manage and fulfil purchases and repair orders and to provide after service care.
- Deal with your enquiries and requests.
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation.
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails) relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences (for more on how to control these communications, please see the ”Managing Your Personal Information” section below).
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers.
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of our efforts to keep our website secure.
- Understand how our website is used so that we can continuously improve our website and services and other offerings.
We may use third parties such as network advertisers, and we may use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the website and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which may be based on your visits to the website and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. To learn more about how to control and/or delete cookies, please review our Cookies Policy.
Sharing Your Information
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- To third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention.
- We may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- If Robert Wan is acquired by, or merged with, another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Protecting Your Information
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We want you to feel confident about using our Platforms, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to